Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Turkey Veggie Soup and The Year in Review


Happy New Year!!!
I hope everyone had a fantastic New Year!  We did.  We went to a the Hilton and stayed there.  Had a great dinner and danced in the new year.  It was a blast.  The perfect ending to a perfect year!  What a year it was!  Looking back on it I think the most exciting thing (beside the obvious of getting engaged) was the weight loss.  I know there shouldn't be so much focus on weight but sometimes it just can't be helped.  I mean I thought I felt good, and I thought I was healthy.  After all I had already lost 89 pounds and I was content.  Content....I am so glad I didn't stay content.  Im glad I decided I wanted more, and I wanted to further my weight loss and actually get down to a HEALTHY weight and get smaller than I ever dreamed I could get.  Wear a smaller size than I EVER dreamed I would be.  I always said as long as I'm a 9 I will be happy.  Not only did I achieve that goal but I went further.  I went to a 8, then to a 6 and Now there are times that I can actually fit into a 4!!!  Yes, a 4!!!!!!  A solid 27 waist and most times I can fit into a 26.  I am amazed at that fact alone!  So along with getting engaged, losing 60 pounds,starting my blog back, getting a house in Tennessee I am so blessed to have a caring family and a group of friends that I can call on anytime I need something.  Plus I love doing these emails and hopefully helping some of you in your goals.  It can be done, Im proof of it!



             


                 Last year New Years Eve and This Year.
                    Wow What a difference a year makes!!            



We started going to hockey games this past year....you can follow my weight loss through the photos we took each time we went!

 The first game we went to in February 






Next game




The game in April






Midway













Finally this is the game we went to in November...What a difference a year makes!!  Harry has crazy eyes! 





Here is a GREAT soup recipe that is greet for dinner and even better for lunch as a leftovers.  Veggie soup.

Turkey Veggie Soup

2 lbs Ground Turkey
1 Can diced tomatos
3 Cups beef broth
1-2 cups water (desired Thickness)
Broccoli, cauliflower, celery, asparagus, zucchini beans any combination of legal veggies on the diet. Let your imagination run wild.
2-3 Cloves Mined Garlic
Salt and Pepper
1-2 Teaspoons Red Hot Pepper Flakes

Brown turkey and garlic and drain.  Add broth, water,tomatoes and veggies and spices.  Let simmer for at least 2 hours.  The longer the better.  this can also be put together and put in the crockpot in the morning and let cook all day.  I have added a half a head of cabbage a half hour before serving also.  It gives it great flavor!  This is perfect for a cold day!  Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Denise! You definitely are a great inspiration. And truly a great Blackhawks fan! Continued success in 2014.

    ReplyDelete