Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Avocado Salad Dressing

We saw the kids this weekend and my step daughter was asking me about some healthier choices for salad dressings for her salads.  Like hummus or avocados etc.  I thought I would try whipping up an avocado salad dressing she could make and that was super healthy for her too.  Here is what I came up with and it is so good!!  A little spicy and so delish!


Avocado Salad Dressing

1 and 1/2 Avocado
2 T Garlic 
2T White Wine Vinegar
1/4 C Olive Oil
1/2 Cup of Water (more if you want to change the consistency of the dressing.  I like mine a little thicker so I only used 1/2 cup)
Handful of fresh Cilantro
Handful Fresh Parsley
1/4 of a Jalapeño Pepper
Salt and Pepper to taste





Peel and core avocados and place in blender.  




Add remaining ingredients except water. 




 Blend ingredients, slowly add in Olive oil and, lastly, add in the water to the desired consistency.




So Yummy on a Salad!



Also great as a sandwich spread.









No comments:

Post a Comment