Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Healthy Pumpkin Crisp

My birthday is this week, Friday to be exact.  I figured It would be ok to do what I enjoy doing this week, soooo I baked yesterday.  I love the way my house smells when I bake in the fall.  That is probably because it is usually baking with pumpkin and cinnamon and I love the smell it gives off, the smell of fall!  So today I found a recipe for pumpkin crisp.  It seemed to be a great recipe but I knew I could make it healthier and have it still taste good.  Well I did and it was amazing!!


Healthier Pumpkin Crisp


1 can Pumpkin (15oz)
1/2 can Reduced Fat Evaporated Milk
1 Container Honey Flavored Greek Yogurt
1 T Cinnamon
1t Vanilla Extract
1t Pumpkin Pie Spice
2/3 Cup Splenda Brown Sugar

Crumble Topping

1/2 C Spelt Flour
3/4 C Oatmeal
1/2 C Splenda Brown Sugar
1 t Cinnamon 
1/2 C Chopped Pecans
1/4 C Melted Butter


Pre heat oven to 425 degrees
Combine first 7 ingredients and mix together put into un-greased 8x8 pan. Combine the crumble topping but do not put on top yet!  Bake for 15 mins then turn oven down to 350 degrees and sprinkle crumble on top and bake for 50-60 mins.  Cool completely


Do not over mix. The batter will be runny 






Doesn't this look good?  And its not to bad health wise.  No eggs, low sugar, and gluten free!!

No comments:

Post a Comment