Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Salted Carmel Frosting

Its fall.  I'll say it again, I love fall and all the changes it brings.  this year especially we have been super busy...per my MIA status this past week.  But I did manage to bake an amazing Pumpkin Slices cake with a new frosting.  It was super good.  I saw a recipe online for salted carmel frosting and wanted to make that, but I didn't have the ingredients to make it all, so instead I improvised and the result was an amazing frosting that was super easy, and amazingly good!  Mrs Richardson puts out a Carmel butterscotch Ice Cream topping.  Now at Christmas time this is what I use to make turtles, it's smooth and doesn't harden like traditional carmel does.  So I had this on hand so I used it instead of what the recipe wanted me to do.  So here is my version of Salted Carmel Frosting...


Salted Carmel Frosting
2 Sticks of Butter
 1 8oz Cream Cheese
3-4 Cups Powdered Sugar
1t Vanilla
1t Sea Salt
1 Cup Mrs Richardsons Carmel Butterscotch  Ice Cream Topping

Blend butter and cream cheese together until smooth, add vanilla and 2 cups of the powdered sugar, blend until combined and smooth.  Add the cup of carmel topping and the rest of the powdered sugar and sea salt.  Blend until desired consistency.  You can add more Powdered sugar if you want a thicker frosting, less if you want a thinner consistency.  There you have it.  





This was amazing on my pumpkin slices cake.



The cake is just as good!!

Pumpkin Slices Cake

4 Eggs
1c Veg Oil
2c Sugar
1-15oz Can Pumpkin
2c Flour
2t Baking Powder
1t Soda
1 t Salt
2 t Cinnamon
1 t Pumpkin Pie spice


 Mix all ingredients together and place in a 11x15 pan and bake for 25-30 minutes at a 350 degree oven.  I halved this recipe to get a 9x13 pan in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment