Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Memories

I went back to my hometown today, which is only about an hour or so away from me.  My best friend from high school lost her Grandmother Saturday.  She was 98 years old.  Amazing!  I hate going to funerals.  I mean I never really liked them but since my moms death it has a different effect on me.  I feel more i guess.  It brings back floods of memories of her death and funeral and the days that followed it.  I ALWAYS have some tears...for both my mom and whoever  is being mourned.  


So since my mom was on my mind today, when I got home I needed to make a pie for a friend of ours who was coming to dinner.  so I made  my mom's special "Crust" recipe.  She would make this every time she made a pie with her homemade crusts...it is cinnamon sugar goodness and so yummy.  it makes me think of my mom and give me aware feeling inside reminiscing about the memories I have of her.


Crust


Scraps from pie crust.  You can use ones you buy in the dairy section but it is not as good as a homemade crust.


Spread the scraps onto a baking sheet and coat with melted butter.  Then sprinkle with sugar and top with Cinnamon.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes. 


They are so good!




No comments:

Post a Comment